The University of Arizona Health Sciences Innovation Building (HSIB) was selected by ENR as one of the “Best of the Best” projects – this is the first time a Kitchell project has been recognized in this national competition. According to the publication, this recognition is considered “the pinnacle of design and construction achievement.”
To realize how cool this is, consider the numbers:
- Nearly 900 projects were submitted
- 10 regions were represented
- Panels of judges were convened in each of those regions
- Judging 20 categories – from airport/transit to sports/entertainment
- The regions elevated 200 projects for consideration for national recognition
- Then 14 judges from across the country evaluated those….
- To identify the top 20
The projects were evaluated for the best from the best in terms of teamwork, safety, overcoming challenges, innovation and quality. The projects will be profiled in depth in the March issue of ENR.
Three of the 20 projects will be named finalists for the Project of the Year (which would be the best of the best of the best).
Kudos to our Kitchell team for this amazing feat!